Who needs another reason to eat dark chocolate? Well, there is one. Here’s the good news: dark chocolate is actually healthy for you in addition to being super tasty!
If you did need one more excuse for eating more of this great food, here are the reasons why you should consider eating dark chocolate every day. This doesn’t sound like such a bad idea, right?
- First, dark chocolate has been proven to make you happier because it contains tryptophan. This is a type of amino acid that helps your brain produce more serotonin, and as you may know, serotonin is a neurotransmitter that promotes happiness and feelings of well-being.
- Next, dark chocolate has a number of important flavonoids. These are things that your body needs, and we crave them as well. Flavonoids are antioxidants, and they found naturally in cocoa. They can help lower bad cholesterol, lower your blood pressure and help your blood vessels stay healthy.
- The third reason why you should start eating dark chocolate on a regular basis is that it’s great for your skin. All of those antioxidants can help repair scarring, acne and sunburns. They can also help protect your skin from the sun so that age spots and wrinkling don’t become a serious problem.
- Dark chocolate is also great for your heart and overall cardiovascular system. It contains important antioxidants for lowering blood pressure, and it can also lower your risk of cardiovascular disease by more than half according to some studies. Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death in women, so this information is good to know.
- Finally, keep in mind that dark chocolate is known to be a stress reliever. Not only does it contain helpful ingredients that can promote increased levels of serotonin, but it has also been shown to lower stress hormones. This may be one of the key reasons why people crave dark chocolate when they get stressed out or depressed.
Are you ready to take on this great habit yet? It’s not a bad one to try, so why shouldn’t you try it right now!